Russia Violated “Energy Truce” More Than 30 Times — Ukrainian Foreign Ministry

Russia Violated “Energy Truce” More Than 30 Times — Ukrainian Foreign Ministry
Shahed-136 kamikaze drone

Russian forces have violated the so-called “energy truce” more than 30 times, according to Ukraine’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

This was reported by Suspilne TV with reference to the spokesman for the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry, Georgy Tykhy.

Citing ministry spokesperson Georgiy Tykhy, Suspilne TV reported that three incidents were recorded in the past 24 hours alone.

These included damage to transformers in the Mykolaiv region and near Kherson, as well as an attack on a power line in another unspecified region.

“In total, Russia has violated the energy truce more than 30 times. We are compiling detailed reports on each violation and regularly sending them to partner capitals and international organizations,” Tykhy said.

M2HB Browning machine gun with optical sight mounted on a mobile fire unit. Photo credits: Air Command “South”

Earlier, on March 19, Russian authorities claimed to have shot down their own Shahed-type drones that had been directed at Ukrainian energy infrastructure.

According to Russian reports, the intended targets were facilities linked to Ukraine’s defense-industrial sector in the Mykolaiv region.

Shahed (Geran) drone production site in Russia, 2024. Photo credits: SolovievLive

Russian sources said this decision followed talks with U.S. President Donald Trump, though no official confirmation of such an agreement has been provided.

Ukraine’s General Staff, Air Force, and other official bodies did not mention the incident in their reports.

Miltarnyi’s sources didn’t confirm the information that Russia had downed its own drones.

Violation of the “maritime truce”

On the night of March 6, Russia launched eight Kalibr cruise missiles from the Black Sea, six of which were intercepted by Ukrainian air defenses.

This strike was a direct violation of agreements reached during trilateral talks between the U.S., Russia, and Ukraine, held on March 24, 2025, in Riyadh.

Launch of a Kalibr cruise missile. Photo from open sources

Following those negotiations, the administration of President Donald Trump stated that Washington and Moscow had agreed to ensure safe navigation in the Black Sea, refrain from the use of force, and prevent commercial vessels from being used for military purposes.

However, the next day, Russia indicated it would only adhere to the maritime truce if certain sanctions were partially lifted.

At the same time, there was no talk of any preconditions for a ceasefire during the negotiations between the Ukrainian and American delegations, nor during the negotiations between the American and Russian delegations.

Share this post:

SUPPORT MILITARNYI

PrivatBank ( Bank card )
5169 3351 0164 7408
Bank Account in UAH (IBAN)
UA043052990000026007015028783
BTC
bc1qg0z99m95fte7kj8faa7h2kvnq92wvc53exe8gm
USDT
0x8676644fA7B6d328310283cAC1065Ae01d97CEe7
ETH
0xfD02863D3289416fcF50975c9DFda13623f97758
Popular
Button Text